Apr 12, 2021

I got the first Moderna Covid-19 vaccine yesterday.


 In what my children call a major triumph, I got my first Moderna Covid-19 vaccination yesterday at the major Walmart, a suggestion by my primary doctor since it's 1 mile from a major trauma unit. Laughing.  I have major allergy issues and have experienced two anaphylaxis events, one at nineteen years of age and one at twenty-three, both concerning shell fish. The second one only happened because my fish was contaminated by shellfish contact. Both were extremely uncomfortable and frightening experiences that I never want to repeat, even with great medical care. I also have allergies to three distinct antibiotics, so my doctor never gives me injections unless they are steroids or iron or vitamin. I don't think they give iron shots anymore in USA. They give iron infusions, but iron shots are very difficult and leave major bruises and soreness. Moderna Covid-19 leaves a very sore muscle in the upper arm, even if one has the foresight to do muscle massage. I had a small reaction to the vaccine in the first four hours, but it was only a light burning in the eyes, no swelling or puffiness or discharge, not enough to concern me, an allergy fanatic. I had a low-grade fever hours later,  but I took some Tylenol and that helped both the sore muscle and the fever. This morning I feel much better. I imagine this soreness in the arm will take some time. As someone who has had lots of needles stuck (allergy immunology) into her over the years, I am not concerned. And I am eagerly awaiting getting my second vaccination out of the way, even though I intend to stay a full half hour afterwards just out of caution. And there's that. My children are all fully vaccinated and we are all going to be happy this summer at our pool parties and trips to New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.