Apr 9, 2021

I am such a hippie.


 The other day someone was having a conversation about how different one is from high school. Of course we grow as people. We have many experiences over the years. Life shapes us. Our experiences are what we learn from. But I am still that same girl in so many ways, even as an old woman. I told my sons if I had one wish, it would be that they could know the girl I was before I was a mother. I wore Converse tennis shoes in high school, long before they were cool or even semi-cool. I wore blue jeans and tees. And yes, I wore lots of other stuff, too. Halter tops and bellbottoms. But I was always a blue jean and Converse girl. I liked sandals in the summer. These are my new green Converse, my Easter shoes. Laughing. I am wearing ankle socks because the shoes are new and I don't want blisters. I am wearing boy jeans and a Joy Division tee. I guess I will wear this "uniform" till I die. I want some dark red ones. Shades of greens and reds are my favorite colors. I had called these my "lucky shoes," but today I somehow blew a breaker in my house, killed the stove and microwave and the electrical sockets that run behind the stove. Not so lucky. I am not really superstitious but it did give me pause. I had gone out to see about my personal "will" and signing and notarizing it before coming back to the house to make my own lunch. It did not go well. Extremely unlucky, been this way since before Christmas. I hope my Covid vaccination goes well Sunday and I can come back here and say everything is all right. Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.