Apr 5, 2021

I am digging out.



 

Note:  I had to replace the main water pipe from house to street the week before Christmas and they dug a huge trench for the new pipe, erasing and burying rocked paths, flowerbeds, flowers, shrubs, and so forth. Today I took this Japanese Weeding Sickle with very sharp edges and began digging out the border of the original west side of my middle flowerbed. Some places were over 4 inches deep buried in heavy red clay as one can see. Then I dug out about two feet from the border, leveling off the lawn. I did this for several feet around. I call this Stage 1 of my Gardening 2021 plan. Cleaning up the mess left by the plumbing company.  I am just getting everything back in order before I start digging up plants and replanting them. I also bagged two large bags of leaves. Good exercise. I don't  live in my head when I am gardening. It is when I garden that I relax and feel a sort of freedom I don't even experience when creating. There is much to do this year. Most of my summer is already planned with gardening work and painting the house outside, a project I started last fall. I realized today that the leaves are awful. I did not pick them up in the fall as usual. Just partly and I might need help to eradicate them now. Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.