Jun 28, 2023

The Big Influences

 


At the Bottom of the Garden by Diane Purkiss

Mortals and Immortals by Jean-Pierre Vernant

From the Beast to the Blonde: On Fairy Tales and Their Tellers by Marina Warner

The Big Influences. A little over 20 years ago, I bought these books. I think I bought all of them around 2001, the same year. These three books led to the buying of other books and helped reform "my thought on everything" really. Laughing. This June I've taken stock of my influences, my luck, and how I have changed as a person, all the little crooked paths that led me to be the person I am. In some ways we are all the same people we were as children. The core foundation and value were there in childhood. But as adults we grow and change and become better versions of ourselves if we are lucky. And I have been lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.