Jun 28, 2023

Gustave Moreau, “The Peacock Complaining to Juno.”


Juno, from which the month of June takes its name. She was the Roman sky goddess, who married Zeus and while he never resigned himself to a restrained life of any sorts, Juno was a good wife, occasionally indulging in turning Zeus' lovers into other things. Smiling. I never thought I would truly fall in love, the kind of love that would bring a marriage full of delights and even children. I was so self-absorbed. When younger, I did not trust easily and I did not desire steady companionship. I liked my freedom and the fact that I could do as I pleased most days. A lack of commitment allowed me to indulge my own whimseys.

     And then I met Johnny.

     He was different. Odd. Childish. But a Renaissance man.

     It was the wildflower he loved and wanted.

     Smiling.

    And so we married and were lovers and had babies...

    We spent years exploring and understanding each other.

    Happy Days. Sad Days. We shared a life, really.

    Summer was our time.

    Summerland.

    We named our home, "Satis House" which means "It is enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.