Jun 30, 2023

Jefferson Airplane -White Rabbit-


My last June (birthday) post is White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. I was really too young to understand the "hippie movement" but I wanted to be part of it so some of my core values came out of that movement. I was "Green" before there was a "Green Movement." I was Alice at one time, too. But I guess reading changed me. I ran off with a hippie at 18, (we read Thoreau together and played folk songs) only to leave him later and marry a Renaissance Man who said he married me because "only with me could he be his true self." I was so honored to have his trust and love. But he knew I was a wild child. I've had a lot of wonderful birthdays in my life. I've been incredibly lucky. Here's my favorite hippie song, my brother used to send me Alice in Wonderland pictures. They hang over my bed now. I still play this song almost every day. See you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.