Jun 28, 2022

I need to make a June summary.


 Wow, I don't even know how to summarize such a beautiful month that has been full of pains and errors and joys and delights and so much beauty and possibility. And I've worked very hard.

FOR one thing, it's been an incredibly hot June, above average temperatures, some days so hot it was impossible to really go out after 1 pm. Heat indexes were always triple digits. I got up and walked most mornings by 6:30 and then I spent the rest of the hours until about 11:30 working in the garden and flowerbeds.  I saved the afternoon and early evenings for writing. There were days I had to take off. I dehydrated badly a few times and paid the price for that with muscle spasms in my legs. My doctor told me I was over exercising and probably could not drink enough no matter what. How strange the human body is. I am stronger than I have been in ten years, but I have challenges to that strength. I have certain things that are happening to me because of age and I have to pay attention. Another aspect is that I was basically hauling a lot of dirt myself and that's new to me. Before there was always someone who moved the bags of dirt, mulch, and etc. for me. Now I have been hauling that around in my small garden wagons, etc. I feel good about this but it is a lot of work and rebuilding the flowerbeds has been a daunting task. I am not even finished. It will take me ALL SUMMER to achieve this.

I did have a beautiful birthday. I even had cake. And I bought a gorgeous bottle tree from the guy in Sunflower MS (very significant and sentimental thing) and lots of blue bottles as the gift for myself. All my children were extremely kind and generous, and so was Haylee and the boys. My neighbors, etc. Such a wonderful birthday.

The only thing I regret about June is that I have not went swimming yet.

Besides all this, I've written some lovely pages, read some great books, and been to the local Malco to see a movie. 

And Joey finally moved in, which is also a really happy event. I've been totally alone for over three years now and it's nice to have someone in the house besides the furniture and cat.

The flower above was a surprise. It's one of my beautiful rose mallows and it popped up unexpectedly, and now has a full bloom. Come fall, I'll dig it up and divide carefully and replant in another flowerbed. In some ways, June surprised me, too. I love summer and I have thrived, even in this heat. I have done more work. Been happier even though I have a clear head about what is going on in the world.

Special things. Placebo is touring and Brian Molko is as wonderful as ever on stage. Of course, he's mercurial by nature. I am not going to Texas to see Placebo, a decision I made final last week. Several reasons for that decision. The only other venue is Chicago. Riot Fest. I think not. I've pretty much given up on the idea of ever seeing a live performance of Placebo outside YouTube. Laughing.

Things I love about June. The beautiful moons, the heat, the long days and shorter nights, the day lilies, swimming, the sound of lawn mowers, the smell of barbecue in the neighborhood air, the color green, the afternoon thunderstorms. My birthday is the first day of June. I always have cake. I love cake but only have it occasionally. June is my favorite month out of the year. It often reminds me of the girl I was, the wild flower, my childhood days. Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.