Jun 25, 2022

Are we allowed to make mistakes, are we allowed to speak even when wrong, are we allowed to learn and do better?

"What I tend to see happening more and more is people retreating into their own corners. People seem scared to get things wrong or be shouted at so they form villages in which they agree with every other member, and maybe they go out and shout at the people in the next village for fun, but there’s no interchange of ideas going on. I think we have to encourage the idea that you’re allowed to think things. I have thought a great many stupid things over the years, and I can tell you that there’s not one stupid thing that I ever thought where I changed my mind because someone shouted at me or threatened to kill me. On the other hand, having great discussions with good friends, possibly over a drink, has definitely changed my mind and made me try to do better. You’re allowed to do better, but we have to let people do better."

Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.