Nov 7, 2022

NaNoWriMo Day 7

 

Journal

I've never written a story like this. Despite the fantastical elements, it is the most autobiographical piece of fiction I have ever written. It is a story about a lot of things, mostly ideas and yes, how people respond to their predicament in life. It's a fairy tale about tellers of fairy stories, about desire being the opposite of death, about nature, and well, love. Love is a desperate kingdom at best, but it is always worth the trouble. Love mitigates our trials and sorrows and pains. When we are children, we love and when we are broken children, we are always trying to fix the child. It's pure psychology. 

I have made a belligerent commitment to my writing and my book. Because it is more than writing. It is a thing. A book. A story. An idea expressed. It is a form of self expression to explore all the moments that were beautiful but very imperfect. The thing is imperfect, too. But it is the best I have ever done. And I know it. Ten years ago I could not have written this story.

It is Day 7 NaNoWriMo and I have written 13,760 very beautiful words. This is not a crappy draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.