May 7, 2022

The Girl with a Hoe.


 Serious gardeners have the best weapons. Seriously. (lol) This is my new garden hoe, made of recycled agricultural disc blades.  One guy said it was the Scottish claymore of weed killing, seven inches of welded steel. It's heavier than I like but the payoff is less work. It's sharp and designed to hit rock. Rogue brand. I am about to go to work. I just got back from my walk, a record breaking one according to my Apple watch. Amused. It made me think of the girl with the hoe, Jeanne Crain, from the film Leave Her To Heaven. The sister who loves to garden. Her sister is a sociopath murderer. Gene Tierney plays the part of Ellen. When Ellen realizes she's lost, she dies and from the grave implicates those who once loved her. Yes, I know, I watch too many old films. But this one is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.