May 12, 2022

Still gardening and cleaning up...to be continued.


 Planting these today. I just returned from my walk. Wow. I started at 6:30 and sweated the entire time. Humidity is rocking it this morning in the South. Feels like August weather. I did gain some distance and broke my walking record but it was work and next time I will carry water on me. I have to plant two flats of impatiens and one flat of sweet potato vines this morning. Then move and arrange the clay pots. Tomorrow it rains. I don't mind. We really need it. Two days. I'll be celebrating my Mother's Day with Ben in the rain, Saturday. Laughing. It won't stop us from shopping for some hardy hibiscus. We'll pause for dinner with Jack, Jamie, Pete, and Chris at Longhorn's. I couldn't think of a place to meet at noon but there.

Things I have accomplished. With Patsy's help, I pressure washed the deck, getting it ready for painting. Patsy pressure washed chairs and the concrete patio. Wow. Looks so good. She and I both cut and removed dead or faltering roses, plants, tree limbs, crepe myrtle messes from the front lawn. It's amazing how much we got done. Just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.