May 28, 2022

All May has been about writing and gardening, the latter overwhelming.


 I have lots of pots to fill. Today I made a Home Depot run, bought sage, lavenders, ferns, caladiums, and 3 flats of vinca. I have sweet potato vines, creeping jenny, lantana, bee balm, and hardy hibiscus to put out, too. All this I am going to finish this week and fill up my pots. I will be putting out zinnia seeds, too. I am very fond of  zinnias. The large plant here is a rose mallow and it's in trouble already. Something is eating on it, so tomorrow I will spray. Very frustrating. It's a beautiful plant and I have rooted two new ones. I suppose one could say that gardening is often filled with disappointments. Plants die. One is always fighting nature to grow a simple flower. It has rained too much, which has given the insects a head start and good environment to thrive in because I can't spray my bug repellant in the rain. I also can't plant either. And it's very muddy right now. I'll have to plant pots first and let the ground dry for some other plants, phlox, coneflowers, jasmine and yes, creeping jenny.

So I have been writing a lot while it rains, taken advantage of the fact that I cannot walk or plant in the garden. I can't even paint the deck.

Overall, I am pleased with both the writing and the garden. I've worked hard. I've been listening to Placebo and even have been making notes for the essays. The only time I took a break the last two weeks was to post some Placebo songs on the blog and to watch Stranger Things, Season 3 because Season 4 dropped today on Netflix. I like Stranger Things. It's so 80s and I love 80s anything. I have been active on Twitter, too. Facebook not so much. Mostly looking at what other people post. Watched a lot of films people recommended. Finished a big history book on the 20th century, more on the book later. I loved it. But it was depressing. lol

But May has been about writing and gardening. It's one of the most productive months I have had this year. And I've been really in the flow and able to do all the things I wanted, even here on the blog. 

Other notes. Ben, Chelsea and Lydia are in the UK today. They will spend a week in England. Then move on to Italy for the rest of their vacation, ending in Pompeii. Jack had to run all kinds of errands today so I didn't get to see him but he called and we talked two hours. It was cold when I went to Home Depot this morning. Warming up soon. Haylee and I need to plot a trip to the zoo in Memphis. Joey told me he would come Sunday and spend the day and night with me and leave Monday afternoon. I imagine we will go see a movie and cook on the grill. It's a birthday thing for me. 

My birthday is June 1st. I will take another birthday photo. Smiling. None from last year, since I was really ill and Laverne was here and we were all so depressed over Lana's death, May 24. Not even cake.

This year I am having cake. 

Placebo songs off the new album, Never Let Me Go,  I have made notes on:

Happy Birthday in the Sky.

This Is What You Wanted.

Forever Chemicals.

Perfectly dystopian album full of despair and anger. But mostly just sad. Very sad. For all sorts of reasons. I hope it was cathartic for Molko. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.