Sep 12, 2021

I just spent over six hours watching crazy films with my son and now I am going to bed.


 So part of my CBT program is to socialize and get out of my head..ah house. So today Jack and I planned a movie day. He cooked too, so I did not have to decide what to eat, which I am not very good at right now. I also did not have to dress up, put on make-up, or wear a mask since Jack and I are both fully vaccinated and neither of us socialize. It was ideal that way. I didn't even have to do my hair. Nobody post these kinds of pics on social media. But I thought why not? I mean I am getting old, my hair is falling out, I've got wrinkles and no amount of makeup is going to change the fact that as a natural blonde, when you go gray, well, you don't have those trendy eyebrows that are so fashionable. But I have never had them. I did wear neat clothes and my black and white chucks. Jack cooked baked chicken, peas, greens, and green beans since we are avoiding carb-carbs. 

I arrived at his house at 11 a.m. and stayed till 8 p.m. We watched three films.  First was The World's End, one of Edgar Wright's crazy films. It was really funny and I suppose we will watch Hot Fuzz next time. I laughed a lot and we ate while watching it. I had to be careful not to choke. Oh, well.

The second film was The Exorcist, which is our "first" traditional Halloween film to watch together since it scares the hell out of me and Jack has a life size Regan in his house, standing right beside the sofa as part of his decorations. Yes, we are early decorating, but who cares with Covid.  Covid has changed the world. It was the director's cut of The Exorcist, which is not very different except for the ending. 

Every time I watch this film, I shut my eyes when Father Karras, a Jesuit priest, starts seeing and talking to his dead mother. I also struggle with seeing Karras get Last Rites, since I have seen that in real life. Jack, like my mother, is a great color commentary personality, so all through the films I get all these juicy details. He has a memory like my mother, too.  One cannot imagine how much those two have put to memory. But they are famous for it. So we don't just watch films. We talk through them, too.  

We also stopped one time to look at a new book he has on the Crusades. What can I say, we both love history and the Crusades are one of our things. This book had lots of maps and I adore maps, so I had to look at all the maps while we paused one of the films. Don't ask. Our third choice was the 1999 The Mummy, because we had just been discussing Egyptian history, too. 

I realized that this is what Jack and I do. We watch TV in the background while we have one conversation after another. I told him I had written my paper in the class on Maat, which he didn't know. How did he not know? Maybe because he was in another college studying Statistics or something similar at the same time. I also told him I would give him all my books on Egyptian history. I don't know why I should keep them when I never look at them anymore. And then we watched The Mummy. It was a fun film and now I want to watch all the old 1960s Mummy films. In fact, I want to watch ALL Mummy films. That's on my Halloween list. This is how my life goes right now.

I had to drive home in the dark. Ugh. Not a good idea, but it's not far and I made it without any stress. I had to find my cat, she was outside somewhere. I had to change clothes, wash my face, and this is it. I took a photo for a joke for Jack, to make a meme on his movie talk. But then I thought, post it on the blog, Jane, let the grandchildren see how much fun you were. lol (And how wild your hair is, too.) That's why I am sitting here. Tomorrow I am back to moving books and cleaning. Speaking of....

The topic of the day on social media was that Placebo "cleaned out" out their IG account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.