Mar 20, 2021

It's spring and I thought of Carol.

 

It's the first day of Spring and I thought of Carol, a friend of mine when I was nineteen years old. Not a very good photo. It's fading. She was a gardener, the first true gardener I knew outside my mother. The first time I saw her she was planting flowers. I didn't know anyone my age who was wanting to plant flowers. She and I became really close friends for a long time. I miss her letters. She wrote the best letters, too. But today, it's the first day of spring and all I can think about is her and how she loved flowers as much as I did. She was from California, a California girl and she and I got along so well. Her story did not end happily. But I won't dwell on that.  P.S. Carol and I did not wear makeup. We were hippie girls. lol I am still a hippie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.