Oct 20, 2022

Despite everything, including myself.

 


My son reminded me that we have to change with the times. When I think back to family Halloweens, well, oh dear, looking at this makes me sort of sad. And yet, I am still able to do something to maintain one of our biggest family traditions. Celebrating Halloween. I've been under the weather so to speak, and this week, I had to be medicated for it, after three weeks of enduring some unknown illness. It turned out to be an allergic reaction to peanut butter. Allergic reactions are difficult to pinpoint if one does not have hives, wheezing, or anaphylaxis. I should know since I have had all three, more than once. But there was nothing like that at first.

It was not the normal. Only three weeks in did I start to have breathing problems, which appeared like sinusitis with intense pressure, but no congestion. Bizarre. That's when I began to suspect something allergy related. I also thought I might have Covid. But no. Once I began a regiment of drugs for allergic reactions, I began to recover. All the other symptoms, which were gastrointestinal, abated, too. It was too easy to be Covid. Besides you rarely have Covid for three and half weeks before treated.

No more peanut butter sandwiches, which I was eating almost every day while working. But I still feel lousy. I won't fully feel normal until I am off medication. Next week sometime maybe.

I hope I feel like making my Halloween cookies.  Everyone loves them.

And yes, eating peanut butter every day, that was new, the last time being college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.