Oct 8, 2019

Ginger Baker of Cream

Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce
aka Cream

Ginger Baker died on October 6, 2019, after years of illnesses. He was eighty years old. Baker, along with Eric Clapton, formed Cream in 1966. High tempered and maybe suffering from conduct disorder, Baker was often violent. His relationship with Jack Bruce bordered on the psychotic, and the two were often engaged in physical confrontations. But Baker was also one of the greatest musicians ever. With Clapton, he also founded the supergroup Blind Faith and yes, it only lasted one album. I think a lot of Baker's problems were inherent conduct disorder, acerbated by heroin use. But whatever, Cream was and is (always) my favorite band. And I certainly appreciate the art and music he helped create. White Room is my song, and I am a Tired Starling. Smiling. Thank you, Ginger, for the powerful drums. Cream is missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.