Jul 19, 2019

Beautiful books made into beautiful films.


Summer was never more beautiful than in Guadagnino's Call Me By Your Name. I love both summer and the 1980s so this little sensuous feast was pure delight. I mean, I could watch it for the pallet of colors alone or how the sounds of nature were carried on the summertime breezes. It felt warm all the time, even comforting. There was music, then kisses and water. I am always writing about water. Water. Water. Water. My memories and fascinations with small lakes, ponds, and little bayous where I used to swim as a young girl, usually in my underclothes, still fill me with such fierce desire. Swimming involves floating and I've written earlier that I love to float, the light sensation of it, like I have stopped time and can simply immerse myself in sounds and smells and touch. This film is all about those things. Meditations. Longings. Awakenings. It's so human in the actual definition of humanism. The individual experience. There is a little trick to life that many never know, but that some find in the pleasures and sensations of one summer. A lifetime can be experienced in a fleeting season. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.