Mar 24, 2016

Mississippi Magnolia (Spring's Official Flower)

Mississippi magnolias


I have such an aversion to winter. I suppose this is because the early years of my life were spent in the bottom half of the state, and cold winters were few. Then, snow was a delight. Later in life I moved to the northwest  of the state and the winters changed. They are wet and cool, so damp they turn my bones blue. I began to look for the Saucer Magnolia, a small, pink variety of the magnolia family. I often call them Tulip Trees. Like the Dogwood, they are one the first signs of Spring in Mississippi, and I adore them. Strange, I have none in my garden. Maybe this year. Yes, this year, I'll plant a couple.

(I am always looking for signs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.