My big news for the end of September are exciting for me as a writer.
First, and I say this with hope that I have few medical issues from this day on, is that I have finally settled on what the novel, Bee Fly Crow (working title of The Ambitious Fairy Project) is, meaning few changes will be made now except in word choice, not structural choice. This work should have been done last year but was not and it took me roughing things out, writing by long hand, putting scrapes on notebards, dictating, even making oral recording to get all this story down to where I could actually look at the whole and know what it is. I am so happy. That basic rough work is done. I suppose this is equivalent to a good rough draft for some writers, though my book is planned and I write with intent for theme, micro-clues, easter eggs, you name it.
Second. I have read more of my research books and now it's just cleaning up my notes. My big ambitious fairy novel took lots of reseach and at times, it was just overwhelming and I felt really vulnerable. I have never written a book with this much research, including long time lines and calendars and yes, loops of time. I can only imagine what this will do to copyeditors. Laughing.
Third: I wrote some good drafts for short stories, including two very strong ones that are related to my novels and a third that is related to the novel, Dracula. BTW, I start reading Dracula tomorrow with notes as I go. Which leads me to my next big thing, I am writing a vampire novel and the working title is Dragonfly. It's a revised and yes, basically rewritten version of an old novel, so much so, that I hardly recognize it except for some basic plot events. Very excited I love historical novels set in the South. SO it's a favorite.
Fourth, I have picked all the books I am going to read until I finish my novel and send it off. Many have been read once or twice. But I will type up notes. I feel so accomplished. I feel good that I have a plan, not too rigid and some of it is fun, with art projects.
FINALLY: Personal news.
Yard is mowed and edged, now weeded. Halloween decorations in house up, and, I have one stack of writing related papers to organize. I will have to type up timelines, loops, and diary entries as I write onward. But hey, I know what they are! That is over half the battle.
I will also be blogging, just for me, it seems, but who cares. I will not be on social media for at least two weeks and am gradually going to wean myself from daily social media all across the Internet. I just cannot do it anymore. It makes me ill.
Then the best for last:
People, I have subverted every trope I could squeeze into my work. It is beautiful to do such things at this point in my life. Subverting tropes is my new goal. To be honest, I am killing tropes. Killing them dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.