Artist. Reader. Writer. ~ Writing a couple of novels, some short stories. Student of Magic, Belief, Folklore, and Fairy Tales. Hwy 61 Memphis to Nola.
Oct 19, 2014
My first collection of Poe's work
As you can see, I checked this out of the school library, and I don't believe I ever returned it. Of course, I had to buy it before I received my final report card. This volume has been read countless times over the years and because it was printed during the 1950s, it's still a beautiful, highly readable book. The paper is as clear as the day I first read it.
I love this quote in the Introduction by T. O. Mabbot.
“Properly read, Poe achieves magic in a way rarely attained even by Coleridge, to whom indeed Poe owes something, though perhaps less than to Thomas Chatterton. Within his own range, it is hard to imagine a more individual mastery than Poe's.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Tsk tsk, you terrible girl, stealing a library book! :P
ReplyDeleteIt is Poe though...
Yeah, well, in my youth I ended up paying for a lot of library books! Than I repented for years by giving them excellent books. So maybe I am forgiven now. ;)
DeleteAwww..you still use the reading glass. So pretty. Miss you sweet lady. I tried to comment before not sure why it is being difficult with me, I'm normally so good with electronically gadgets. :)
ReplyDelete