Aug 5, 2023

Musing on Angela Carter this Saturday morning....

My sister and friends are always sending me Angela Carter articles and essays to hang on my wall. Perhaps this is because I do connect with Carter in many ways. For one, she was never likely to toe the party line or simply resign herself to the current political. She liked complicated. She was interested in contradictions. Questions were necessary. Agendas were small. Carter could never have been an academic in the traditional sense. Publish or perish, searching for new directions all the time, a head rolling with purposes and theories, riding the waves of trends. She saw right through those constructs and gimmicks. She was formidable. I admire all these aspects of her personality and basically over the years, turned similar.

            Jane, Notes. August 5, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.