May 31, 2023

Placebo Live - I Know @ Sziget 2012


“I was living in New York, thinking about moving there instead of living somewhere in France where I had been living and where I was feeling very down. I don’t talk a lot of my private life, but it’s very well known and very ‘public domain’ that I was in a relationship during that time but it didn’t work. We really needed to take some time off. So I was in that big city and didn’t know anybody. I lost my home, my family, and I fell into a very deep depression. We had decided not to talk to each other but I couldn’t bear it anymore. I remember I picked up a phone in some phone booth in Broadway and called this person and said “see, I know I’m not supposed to be calling you right now, but I really need to talk to you.” The song is part of the conversation we had over the phone, there’s a lot of guilt in that song. “Blind,” included in Meds, is a somewhat alike song. The end of a relationship is kind like death. You have a life with someone and just suddenly, everything stops. The saddest part is that the world goes on and people go on minding their own business, without knowing the pain you feel. It’s very interesting for an author to write about that.”

               — Brian Molko

P.S. This version is the 2008 version of a faster song off the debut album, Placebo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.