Feb 1, 2023

John Kennedy Toole

LOUISIANA RESEARCH COLLECTION AT TULANE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY

 
John Kennedy Toole, 1962. Army Days in Puerto Rico.

(current project)

I'd like to build a chronology on Toole and later write something. It's early stages. I know exactly what I want to do with Molko and Woodman. But not Toole. Toole comes from my backyard, that's something very different. I was talking about this the other day with "someone" and it occurred to us both that perhaps Toole, Molko, Woodman, and I had something in common. Laughing. It's always the real freaks, isn't it? Not the pseudo ones or the wannabes, the cultural demons even. It's us folks who never tried to be different at all, we were just ourselves. All alienated too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.