Jul 18, 2021

True Detective Season 1 is my favorite TV.

 


I first saw Season 1 of True Detective around the 20th of June and I have been thinking about it constantly since then. I have to admit I think (quite seriously) it's probably the best TV show I have ever seen in terms of writing, acting, and all around techniques. Since I know the environment of True Detective personally and vividly, I find it even more fascinating how psychogeography is used so well. But also symbols, motifs, philosophy, development of character, design, all the structural principles that one can use in writing anything. It's quite masterful and if I were a younger person, in college, I would write my thesis on it. It is literally a brilliant piece of both fiction and film. And of course, because of my own work, it resonated deeply with me. I am haunted by it. Just haunted by its artistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.