Feb 17, 2021

Momma's fork is one of my most prized possessions.


This is brunch I guess. I have brought out the yellow because it's nice and I usually keep it in the kitchen. But I posted this because that's my momma's fork. When I was at her house one time and she was not feeling well, she told me to take something of hers that was personal and that I loved. I took the fork she was eating with that day. That was 20 years ago. I eat with it nearly every day. I knew then what I know now. It's one of my most prized possessions. How did I know that then? I learned the value of things in families by reading Alice Walker in college and by paying attention to what she was saying. Alice Walker was one of my momma's favorite writers. One of the most important short stories that Alice Walker ever wrote was, 'Everyday Use.' Check it out. Living experience is all interconnected. I miss my momma. But we are still very connected. But I know right now that when I die, this story is ended. So I am posting it here and on my FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.