Jan 13, 2021

Franz von Stuck - Falling Stars


Franz von Stuck - Falling Stars

I am reading Little, Big, a story which has a theme of our little lives juxtaposed against bigger events, etc. It always makes me think of stars. All those suns or worlds, most already dead and gone, in the night sky and there I am sitting, looking at them, my little life, my little and tiny place in the universe, so small, it is like the invisible fairies of Little, Big, the ones never quite seen but there on the periphery. I am on the side of life that is fading. I am fading. Soon into oblivion. I used to shudder at such a thought but now, not exactly resigned, but quite realistic, I make a slight moan of protest and perhaps I will shudder later. Who knows. Right now I am too tired to act. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.