Nov 5, 2020

Catching up. Election and NaNoWriMo

 


It's November 5th and we are still counting votes which was expected.  I always knew it would be really close, almost a repeat of 2016, since out of the last 8 election, all but one has been really, really close. I figured Trump would lose by about the numbers in the same districts that he won from Hillary and it was going to be close. I still believe, at this moment, that Biden is going to pull it off, even in Pennsylvania, but if he keeps Arizona, he won't need it. If he gets Penn State, he won't need any of the others that are undecided. If Biden fails, I will be sorely disappointed as I feel my children will literally move to other parts of the country or world. That would leave me totally alone, without family I could depend on for anything from comfort to entertainment, to love and affection. I would have Haylee, who would be be my sole comfort and support and I adore and love Haylee, but she does have her hands full with four children or more running in and out of her household. So I am hoping it goes Biden, where I feel my children would stay put, at least for a dozen more years, and because I feel Biden and company would attempt to contain Covid and give us all some semblance of hope against a virus that is literally affecting our daily lives. So I am wishing and crossing toes and fingers for Joe Biden to be elected POTUS. Please, please, please.


It's Thursday and around noon, the local siren goes off, the same siren we hear if a tornado is on the ground in our area. It just went off. I am sitting here, with so much to do, but I wanted to make this post because I am not sure when I will be back. I am writing on the novel and so far, (I did not work yesterday) I have written 5382 words, which is awesome. I need to write at least 1700 today. Who knows, maybe I will get to 2000. I don't think they are going to know much on the election till this evening or possibly Friday morning. Nevada doesn't want to call it yet. I think they may not want to call it at all. Laughing. They are waiting on other states to do that. It's so close in Georgia, one can hardly breathe, but my advice to myself today is to breathe and work. So that is what I am about to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.