Jun 18, 2019

Choosing a path, for now

_DSC0249.jpg

I do believe I have posted this wonderful photo previously. It's part of the Natchez Trace near the bottom area of the state of Mississippi. One of my favorite places to be sure. Old. Haunting. Full of history. This photo clearly has two paths to be taken and I am at that point in my life and work. So the last couple of weeks while I have been cleaning and organizing material, I've made some decisions on how I am going to proceed right now. What work should be first now? Why that work should move forward? And so forth. I suppose this means, narrowing in, finishing something, finally. Because there are so many projects that were started and left hanging from years ago. And then new projects started. I've decided to push ahead with The Fairy Tale Novel. It's at a stage where I am extremely motivated. Motivation is always something a creator needs buckets of in order to keep working through resistance and fatigue. I desperately need to stay in the story, to become obsessive if need be, to immerse myself in my fictional world, with its people and places. My senses need to be there, not in other places. It really wasn't a difficult decision at all. I've been floating too much. I like to float, but now I've got to move deliberately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.