May 3, 2014

Old Blush, a china rose

Old Blush, May 2014, from my garden


Old Blush, read here, is a very old rose. The one I love is the very old china that only blooms once or twice a year, the first time is very beautiful and in May. It's a briar rose that reminds me of Edward Burne-Jones and the many roses in his paintings. This is one plant and it spans over twenty feet in every direction. I asked John today if we could order a couple more. He looked puzzled, probably thinking I was insane, since the garden is getting crowded. But I love the wildness of this plant, it's unruly nature, and the fact that it really doesn't need me. That's my kind of garden. One of the plants that will go in my new garden journal.

1 comment:

Comments go to email for approval. I only check once a week. Thank you, Jane.